Kimberley Quest – 2021 Fishing Expedition
Broome and beyond
Offering some of the best fishing in the world, spectacular scenery and perfect weather the Kimberley is undoubtedly a very special place. Isolated and remote, this true wilderness country encompasses rugged gorges, towering sandstone escarpments, meandering river systems and immense estuaries. The waters are teeming with many species of fish including Barramundi, Mangrove Jack, Fingermark Bream, Salmon, Giant Trevally and more. We take a maximum of 12 guests on our fishing expeditions to ensure that there is plenty of space in our tenders which are driven by a knowledgeable and enthusiastic guide who will use their experience to help you land the ‘big ones’.
- 3 Nights accommodation at Seashells Broome in a one bedroom apartment – includes 3rd night FREE!
- 6 Night Fishing Expedition cruise aboard Kimberley Quest II in a double cabin commencing 20 October 2021
- Return transfers to/from Broome to Cygnet Bay to meet cruise
- All meals on board prepared by a chef and non-alcoholic beverages
- Daily activities and sightseeing including fishing with experienced guides and including specialist equipment
- Traditional Owner Visitor pass fee
The Kimberley Quest II is a 25 metre vessel that has been designed for relaxing and exploring the Kimberley coastline, its custom design allows us to visit areas many other Kimberley cruises simply cannot reach. Whilst on board guests can enjoy indoor and outdoor alfresco areas, a refreshing dip in the spa and gourmet cuisine prepared by our on-board chef.
Enjoy an action-packed fishing adventure of a lifetime! Experienced local guides will take you to the best spots to snag the best species.
Day 1 – Depart Broome
A courtesy vehicle will pick you up from your accommodation in Broome at approximately 8.00am and transfer you to the Broome airport for a light aircraft flight to join Kimberley Quest II at Cygnet Bay. Your fishing expedition has begun!
Day 2 – Secure Bay
Watch the incredible tidal movements throughout Secure Bay as we cruise through many spectacular whirlpools in search for barramundi. We then head towards the outer islands for your first taste of fishing for Giant Trevally, Spanish Mackerel and other pelagic species.
Day 3 – Collier Bay / Walcott Inlet
Another action packed day filled with barramundi fishing! An array of snags, run-offs and rock bars present ideal conditions for big barra and a host of other species which will be lurking in these waters. See if you can join the metre club!
Day 4 – Doubtful Bay
Fish the numerous inlets of Doubtful Bay for the elusive barramundi and Threadfin Salmon. Enjoy a cruise to Red Cone Creek for a refreshing swim at Ruby Falls before trying your luck at mud crabbing.
Day 5 & 6 – George Water & Glenelg River
We fish the immense estuaries and extensive river systems of the George Water and the Glenelg River, both of which have reputations for ‘Big barra’. These two systems are also home to many species of estuary fish including Mangrove Jack, Fingermark and the prized barramundi. No moment is spared without a line in the water! Fish the outgoing tide or try your luck at the numerous creeks, it is serious fishing in these waters!
Day 7 – Cygnet Bay / Broome
After a late breakfast you will disembark the Kimberley Quest II for your light aircraft flight back to Broome. Arrival into Broome will be around midday.
– All of the specialist Kimberley fishing expeditions are scheduled specifically around the tides to give you maximum fishing time and idyllic conditions. A maximum of 12 fishermen to ensure that there is ample space in the four custom-built 5m excursion tenders, all equipped with depth sounders and four-stroke 90HP Honda outboards.
– All fishing excursions are accompanied by an experienced Kimberley fishing guides. Provided is a large range of specialist rods and reels, as well as an extensive array of lures. Gear is provided, however you are of course welcome to bring your favourite lures and your own rod and reel.
– Heli fishing is available at an additional cost. Note this is to be arranged with the office prior to departure.
– This is only a suggested itinerary. The remote Kimberley region experiences large tidal movements which can affect our itinerary. We may need to vary this from time to time, however, no matter the tides, we always visit the spectacular icons of this region. There will be plenty of land and sightseeing excursions to many untouched places, and opportunities to catch fresh fish for the table.
- 9 Nights / 10 Days
- From $7,309 Per Person Twin share | Single room cost upon enquiry
- Exclusive Departure with Maximum 12 guests
Advertised price is per person, based on double/twin share, cruise only (excludes airfares). Valid for travel on specific
dates 17 Oct 21 – 26 Oct 21, with cruise departure aboard Kimberley Quest II on 20 Oct 21. Offer is for new bookings only, not combinable with any other offer, subject to change and availability at time of booking and may be withdrawn without notice. Book by 31 Mar 21, unless sold out prior. Credit card surcharges may apply. Cruise package is provided by Broome, Kimberley and Beyond. Booking form and payments are required by Travel With A Difference. Deposit and final payments will be advised at time of enquiry. Travel With A Difference booking and conditions apply. Travel insurance is highly recommended.